Proposed Bylaw Amendments for 2012
The Bylaw Committee recently completed a review of the Bylaws of our organization. There have been a few amendments proposed, a full description of which can be found in the linked PDF. These amendments will be voted on at the December General Members Meeting.
A summary of the proposed amendments:
- Basic punctuation and minor language changes throughout, including removal of the second space between sentences.
- Addition of the right of an active member to be able to purchase a name badge.
- Changes to Probationary Membership – reduction of probationary period to 30 days, Board can vote to reject an application during that time, but most wait the 30 days before approval. Clarified that probationary members cannot nominate a candidate for office.
- Language stating that the age range for Junior Jaycees are defined by the Michigan Jaycees.
- Defined the rights of sustaining members
- Defined debit card usage
- Changes to Annual Chapter plan requirements
- Requirements for the Board to maintain standing policies covering GMM & BOD rescheduling and the waiving or reduction of dues.
- Moving the requirement for Elections Committee to be formed in September, rather than August.
- Language requiring elections ballots to be pre-printed with a yes and no option.
Also being discussed and voted on at the December General Members Meeting is a proposed annual dues increase of $10 across the board for 2012.
Please review the materials in this post, and bring all your feedback to the meeting.